I started this small piece last week and returned to it today in my studio. However, the more I worked on it the more confused I became about what direction I was going in so I decided to take a step back from it. I like the effect of slicing into these shapes with sharp lines but I don’t think that the existing lines are working. Today I tried something different by smudging a few of the lines. I’ve decided that what was most effective about my earlier works was the oversaturation of linework that created new shapes over the already existing painted dimensions. In conclusion, I’ll be revisiting this later in the week.
For now I plan on creating new paper models to work from. I would also like for these models to have more meaning and consequently provide me with paintings with more substance.